Well, Anna's first ever birthday party was a blast and success!! Here are some details:
We had a SPLASH party and invited mostly our friends from community group at church. They all have kids approximately the same age as Anna.
We asked everyone to bring diapers to donate to Loving Choices Care Center instead of gifts. We did this for 2 reasons. 1) Anna has plenty of toys and 2) There is a big need for diapers at the Center. I actually just dropped off the diapers today (yes, 3 weeks later...) and the lady working was so thankful and said they had just run out of diapers. It was so neat to see how we were able to meet a need!!
Our sweet friends, Ashley and Derrek came in town and stayed with us that weekend. They were a huge help and we were so thankful to have them come.
Anna's friends who came were: Annabelle (and little Elliot), Jack, Riley, DJ (even though he slept through the party), Avery, and Will.
Our friends were: The parents of all the kids, Wanquing and Choa.
We had a great time. The weather was amazing! I mostly socialized, as the kids didn't need much corralling.
Josh grilled hot dogs for everyone and we served fruit cups, chips, pretzels, tea, lemonade and capri suns. Of course, we had strawberry cake made by yours truly :).
Anna would not try the cake and I didn't force the issue on her big day. I know she would have liked it if she would have tried it. She was already full I'm sure...she drank a caprisun, had several fruit cups, a hot dog, and who knows what else!!
My awesome friend Laura (mom of Jack) took pictures at the party with her SWEET camera. I think they turned out great!
 |
| The Birthday Girl |
 |
| Playing on the swingset |
 |
| Annabelle loves swinging! |
 |
| Jack and Anna |
 |
| GREAT friends, what a blessing! |
 |
| Avery swinging all by herself!! |
 |
| We all sang to Anna, I think she was shocked. |
 |
| Trying to talk her into blowing out the candles. |
 |
| Opening a little gift. |
 |
| Our sweet little 2 year old!! |
 |
| Kiddos playing in the pool! |
No comments:
Post a Comment